Sunday 2 June 2013

The Delicious Cake Bake-Off Contest

After a long absence, am back at baking again!

Went for the The Delicious Cake Bake-Off Contest yesterday, encouraged by friends Shue and Ainul. Tried with my entry, Heavenly Delicious (named after the organiser) (Entry No.23), a rich 4-layered cake, but it was perhaps too rich for everyone's liking. Main Ingredients: Chocolate (lots of it), Butter (loads too), Coconut, Custard, Coffee.

The recipe was pretty much a mix of interesting things which I created at whim. I sat pretty near to the judges which meant that I could hear snippets of their comments (if they talked loud enough!). They took a  while tasting my cake and guessing its ingredients (some wrongly..haha). The mix of ingredients baffled them. I heard one saying confidently - "sour cream". Haha, didnt use any sour cream... it was custard and lemon juice! They had to double check with my ingredients just to be sure.
Though it didnt win any prize, it garnered plenty of attention for its simple presentation - the single white ruffles flower on top of the cake. See photos of interested people checking out the cake and taking its picture!

Winners of the competition were the salted caramel cake (41), gula melaka cake (47) and a berry based cake (34) respectively. Congratulations! Check out the pictures. There was a cute bunny cake which caught my attention.. But did not manage to take many photos as my camera ran out of battery!

Wished the organiser was more organised. The whole competition involved 3-4 hours of waiting at the shop with pretty much nothing to do. Registration was not carried out smoothly and ladies at the registration counter seemed harried with the number of people trying to register.


See how many people this! I am somewhere in this picture - small and blurry
 















No comments:

Post a Comment